When your fleet drivers are safer and more conservative in their driving habits, it pays off in more ways than one. It helps everything from your company image to routing times to fuel consumption. All in all, when your fleet is safer, your business does better. And this is exactly what our GPS fleet tracking solution will help you achieve.
Did you know? Harsh braking is a leading predictor of distracted driving or aggressive driving, and causes significant tire wear.
Why Safe Driving is Important
- Your company “image” on the road will be much better when drivers are responsible and courteous, as opposed to speeding, fast accelerations, etc which looks unprofessional.
- It’s safer for your employees, and reduces their risk of being in an accident and possibly being injured.
- Safe driving habits can dramatically reduce fuel costs as compared to aggressive driving habits.
- Studies have shown that you can actually arrive somewhere faster by driving conservatively as opposed to trying to get there as fast as you can. This coupled with intelligent routing via your fleet management software yields very efficient routes and productive work days.
Benefits to Your Bottom Line
- More efficient routes mean more productive work days.
- More efficient routes mean better customer service.
- Save on fuel costs by preventing aggressive driving.
- Lower maintenance costs due to more conservative driving habits.
- Likewise, improved lifespan of your vehicles.
- Improved safety of your drivers, and reduced risk for accidents and worker compensation.
- Insights to which employees are performing well versus poorly, and what they need to do to improve.
- *Many insurance carriers accept GPS data as part of an overall safety program to help lower insurance rates.
Although GPS fleet tracking will help you prevent them in the first place, accidents are automatically detected and alerted to you instantly via the fleet management software or your phone app.
The alert includes all the data necessary to give you a full picture of the accident and why it happened, which can be used as proof to protect your driver if they are not at fault.
Our GPS Fleet Tracking Saves a Man’s Life
After becoming worried, they sent another driver to check on them, and as it turned out, the first driver had undergone a heart attack. They called 911 in time to save his life.